The Project Lia program is for women rebuilding their lives after incarceration. Program participants receive educational opportunities in financial literacy, communication, business ethics, and health and wellness, as well support for a future job search.
Our program length is designed to be 6 months - 12 months. As you advance through our technical skills and life skills program curriculum, you may advance in job title and pay, with the goal being a successful transition to a long-term career opportunity.
Here is what you can expect during your employment at Project Lia:
- 40 hours/week of paid transitional employment between Monday-Friday
- Group program activities such as computer training, budgeting, resume building, conflict resolution, and self-empowerment
- One-on-one sessions with our on-staff Professional Development Advocate
- Basic needs resources for finding housing, transportation, and food assistance
- Individualized future job search